Broward County Public Schools is committed to the health and safety of students, staff and the community. The District has instituted enhanced cleaning schedules, staggered work schedules and continues to reduce the number of people in our facilities to promote physical distancing.
In order to enter Broward County Public Schools facilities, all students, parents/caregivers, visitors, contractors and employees should answer the following self-assessment daily health screening questions at home each morning prior to coming to school or work:
DAILY HEALTH SELF ASSESSMENT QUESTIONS:
- Do you feel warm, have a fever or elevated temperature (100.4), or have the chills?
- Do you have a persistent cough, runny nose or sore throat?
- Have you recently had a loss of taste or smell?
- Has anyone in your household tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you been in close, unprotected contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19? (spent longer than 15 minutes within six feet of someone who was sick with a fever and cough or confirmed/suspected of having COVID-19)
- Are you feeling sick or ill today?
- Are you awaiting test results for COVID-19?
- Have you been told to self-quarantine or self-isolate by a doctor or the Florida Department of Health?
If you can answer "NO" to ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS, proceed to school or work.
If you answered "YES" to any of these questions, DO NOT go to school or work. Students: Contact the school nurse - Staff: Complete the District's Online Coronavirus Notification Form.